Reply To: Looking for more info on your Soekris DAM1021 upgrade (TWSAFB-OIDAM

Forum Digital line Looking for more info on your Soekris DAM1021 upgrade (TWSAFB-OIDAM Reply To: Looking for more info on your Soekris DAM1021 upgrade (TWSAFB-OIDAM

Gstew
Participant

Andrea,

Thanks. This helps a lot.

I guess your answer also suggests you may not be able to answer the question “How does it sound modified compared to other NOS RTR DACs such as the other ones you sell such as your TDA1541A, AD1862, & AD5791, and also your PCM1704?”

Or did you do sufficient prototyping before now to have a feel for how might compare and be ranked?

Just trying to get sufficient info to decide whether continuing to upgrade my Soekris setups is worthwhile or if I should start afresh on a different path.

Also was hoping the stock filtering was retained, I am not a real fan of NOS DACs from what I’ve heard from DACs setup this way in my systems. I understand why you did what you did as keeping the filtering in the FPGA while bypassing the adaptive clocking was likely impossible, but I’d hoped you’d overcome that. OTOH, my end-game is to use these with offline upsampling which would include filtering, so this is still a possible path for me.

Thanks for responses to the above… and for all you are doing!

Greg in Mississippi