Reply To: Looking for more info on your Soekris DAM1021 upgrade (TWSAFB-OIDAM

Forum Digital line Looking for more info on your Soekris DAM1021 upgrade (TWSAFB-OIDAM Reply To: Looking for more info on your Soekris DAM1021 upgrade (TWSAFB-OIDAM

The Well Audio
Participant
    Gstew Said

Andrea,

Also 2 questions on the TWSAFB-LT…

First, the documentation says it can be configured ‘one time by USB connection’. Does this mean I can only configure it once and cannot do so again? Or is this just another way of saying I cannot use the USB connection to configure it on-the-fly, though I can take it out of the system and reconfigure it via USB multiple times?

Second, I assume the Optical Isolation for TWSAFB-LT and the Optical Isolation and Reclocker for TWSAFB-LT both perform roughly the same function, but the latter adds reclocking. Why chose one over the other? Any tradeoffs?

THANKS!

Greg in Mississippi

You cannot use the USB connection to configure it on-the-fly, but you can simply connect the USB cable to the FIFO Lite and reconfigure it multiple times.

TWSAFB-LT-OI Optical Isolation simply isolates dirty signals like BCK and DATA from the clean signal LRCK.
    It’s recommended for the DACs which switches on LRCK or MCK, like Sabre DAC, TDA1541A, AD1862 and so on.

TWSAFB-LT-OIR Optical Isolation and Reclocker too isolates the dirty signals, but all signals are reclocked by the master clock to decrease the jitter coming from the FPGA of the FIFO.
    It’s recommended for the DACs which switches on BCK, like PCM1704, PCM63, PCM1794 and so on.