TWRPS-pp

Forum Power supplies TWRPS-pp

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      multiblitz
      Participant

I am finishing this one as well…got 25 2sk170BL from Banzai…quick question: Is any matching or selection necessary ? Or just put two in …no matter how Idss is ?

The Well Audio
        Participant

I am finishing this one as well…got 25 2sk170BL from Banzai…quick question: Is any matching or selection necessary ? Or just put two in …no matter how Idss is ?

No matching or selection necessary.

multiblitz
          Participant

Ok, its up and running….but I am too stupid to understand force, sense and what to connect to what…I tried to bring force and sense together on each oitput + and ground ….smoke from the 3.3ohm resistor, no LED on….

Can you please provide a little drawing for the stupid ?

The Well Audio
            Participant

If you get smoke from 3R3 the regulator is drawing too current.
              All the LEDs have to be on, Please check polarity.

Schematic and layout attached.

If Kelvin connection is not necessary two jumpers have to be installed as in the attached picture. One between the two terminals of J3 and the other between the two terminals of J4.
              For the positive versione Vout has to be taken from J3 and Ground from J4.

Two more jumpers have to be installed for positive regulator: the first between B and Y of JP1, the second between Y and B of JP2.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Moderator.
              Attachments:
              You must be logged in to view attached files.
              multiblitz
              Participant

Thanks, I believe it was a short in the connector, isolated everyting and the regulator worked as expected….It sounds a bit slow and not open in the trebles yet…I will therefore mod the raw supply a bit, starting by kcking the 3.3ohm resistor out and give it a choke with low Rdc instead…lets see what this does…and finally i might give it a much bigger lt4320 raw supply …I find the sonic difference to the linear version is clearly there…the linear version much better trebles, buit less warmth and substance…so we want both…

G600
                Participant

Dear Andrea,

I have discovered the last designs you have produced.

Have you compared the “old” push-pull regulator versus the new TWRPS-XOS with the clocks?

Thanks

The Well Audio
                  Participant

Not yet compared, I have designed the TWRPS-XOS for those who likes shunt regulators over linear regulators.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.