› Forum › Digital line › The Well synchronized asynchronous FIFO buffer – Slaved I2S reclocker › Reply To: The Well synchronized asynchronous FIFO buffer – Slaved I2S reclocker
Interesting…I am not yet there to change parameters, but clocks at the moment…
So, currently it euns with Crystek 957 in sockets on board. My question (I guess to Andrea): What is the absolute minimum procedure needed to change now to the drixo or Exo (when I want to compare sound) ?
I would guesstimate:
– Powering off the fifo/dac and the drixo
– Pull the crystek for 22.x out (while the 24.x stays at the moment)
– Wire the Drixo to the Fifo
– connect the usb cable to the fifo and connect it to the pc with the setup software
– power on clock and fifo
– setup the dac with the new 5.x frequency with the software and save
– power off-on the fifo
Or does the Fifo finds the new frequency (going from 22.x to 5.x) automatically, so no PC-setup procedure needed ?
or whould the crystek clock even automatically be ignored when attaching the drixo cable ?
I do have the EXO as well ready to compare with Drixo (both on 5.x)…This I guess would be just wiring the other clock, but no changes in the Fifo software/ no setup procedure when going from drixo 5.x to exo 5.x, right ?