Reply To: The Well synchronized asynchronous FIFO buffer – Slaved I2S reclocker

Forum Digital line The Well synchronized asynchronous FIFO buffer – Slaved I2S reclocker Reply To: The Well synchronized asynchronous FIFO buffer – Slaved I2S reclocker

multiblitz
Participant

Ok, I followed the procedure, but as I have only one EXO and one Drixo, each with 5.x crystal to compare the clocks first…I let the 24.x crystek in its place…The PC software regonized both clocks and saved the data.

But when I plug the Usb-Cable out or when repowering the Fifo/Dac I get a OSC Err message and the fifo wont work.

When I pull as well the 24.x crystek clock (so no 48/96/192 recordings playable anymore) and let only the 5.x Drixo as a clock, the PC software realizes this, saves this and the Fifo works.

I guess this used case 5.x external clock in combination with a local 24.x crystek 957 was not tested when the software/firmware was programmed…you made the assumption that its a either completely external clocks or completely local clocks i guess…can you fix this in the firmware or PC-software, so that this combination becomes possible ?

I want to take my time to compare EXO vs Drixo and their PSU options…but want to listen to all of my recordings, so a complete frequency missing hurts…