Reply To: The Well synchronized asynchronous FIFO buffer – Slaved I2S reclocker

Forum Digital line The Well synchronized asynchronous FIFO buffer – Slaved I2S reclocker Reply To: The Well synchronized asynchronous FIFO buffer – Slaved I2S reclocker

The Well Audio
Participant

It depends on the operating mode of the TDA1541A.

If you are planning to drive your DAC by the FIFO buffer in standard I2S mode then the TWSAFB-OIR is strongly recommended since the clock signals (BCK, LRCK) coming from the FIFO are dirty signals, they come from the dirty side of the FIFO.

Indeed in the Windows app used to configure the FIFO buffer you can find the option named “Generic TDA1541A I2S OIR option”.
    This way the dirty clock signals are reclocked by the MCK, so the jitter coming from the dirty side of the FIFO buffer is eliminated.

BTW, the best operating mode for the TDA1541A is the so called “Simultaneous mode” (BCK, DR and DL from the dirty side and LRCK from the clean side of the FIFO). In this case the TWSAFB-OI is the right otpion since it provides optical isolated BCK, DR and DL (and clean LRCK).
    The 4V output from the TWRPS-LT is enough to power also the TWSAFB-OIR or the TWSAFB-OI.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.